What would you do if?
- Megan’s grades have been going downhill, and she seems less and less engaged.
- You catch Jill and Matt sexting in study hall.
- Bill is rumored to be drinking every weekend.
- You see geometrical scratches on Kelley’s arm.
- You find out that Kevin’s father has cancer.
- Stacy asks to change her lab partner to “someone who speaks English.”
- Nita asks you to change her grade because her parents will flip over a C.
- Jeremy confides he’s in love with his roommate.
- Jessica breaks down in tears and asks to leave class.
- Sean wants to leave school and go to one “where there are people
- Lisa tells you that someone wrote “we all hate you” on
her Facebook “honesty box.”
You will learn
Counseling Skills for Non-Counselors
Normal adolescent development
Sexuality and sexual orientation
Diversity in schools: race, gender, and ethnicity
Anxiety, depression, and the threat of suicide
Understanding acting out
When and how to call for help